Home maintenance, when performed well, can significantly extend the life of your home. It can also reduce, or even eliminate some of the many costly repairs and product failures that can occur over the years.
Our Homeowner’s Maintenance Guide is given to all of our clients as a part of working with us. It is intended to be an easy-to-use, comprehensive guide to proper maintenance of your home. You will learn what to do when maintenance problems are encountered, how to establish an annual maintenance plan and information on the proper use of equipment, appliances, and mechanical systems.
Information in this guide includes:
- Maintenance Plan for Built Green and Master Home Environmentalist program information
- Maintenance plan for the interior, including floor coverings, electrical, plumbing, appliances
- Maintenance plan for the exterior, including landscaping, painting, roofing, etc
- Resource Guide with environmentally friendly maintenance suggestions
- Annual maintenance plan check sheet
- EPA’s guide to indoor air quality: The Inside Story
Why is this guide important?
- Educates homeowners on a variety of techniques to make their home a healthier and safer place to live.
- Informs homeowners on how to properly use new appliances, equipment and systems in an efficient, cost-saving way.
- Prepares homeowners to properly maintain their home to keep it functioning smoothly and to help prevent major repairs in the future.